Ashkelon Post-Thanksgiving Picnic

This morning, English speakers in Ashkelon held the first Annual Post-Thanksgiving Picnic at Ashkelon's National Park. The picnic was organized by Nechama and Rivka and was a well-attended event. It gave people a chance to meet the faces behind the many many WhatsApp and Facebook messages. With about 50 people in attendance, everyone introduced [...]

Ashkelon Post-Thanksgiving Picnic2021-11-27T23:41:23+02:00

Beside the Stilled Waters, Between Sirens

By Alison Tranbarger Epstein A sense of time eludes me. I have freed myself of the normal activities that mark my passage through the daily clock and weekly calendar. The laundry stays piled on the dining room table, where I left it days ago. But which day? Who cares? All that matters is that [...]

Beside the Stilled Waters, Between Sirens2021-05-14T17:16:58+03:00

The Weight of Waiting

By Stephen Epstein The lights are bright, people are coming and going, but everyone has a destination and everyone has a purpose. My wife Alison and I were sitting in the waiting room of the emergency department at Barzilai Hospital in Ashkelon last night. We were watching a tragedy unfold before our eyes. [...]

The Weight of Waiting2022-08-06T22:07:05+03:00

Kids Kicking Cancer Opening in Israel’s South

PLEASE NOTE. THIS EVENT IS BEING POSTPONED. If you had to sum up what Kids Kicking Cancer is all about, it is to ease the pain of very sick children while empowering them to heal physically, spiritually and emotionally. Started in 1999 with 10 kids at Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Kids Kicking Cancer is [...]

Kids Kicking Cancer Opening in Israel’s South2021-05-13T14:16:02+03:00

Central Synagogue of Afridar – Afridar – Orthodox

Beit Knesset Mercaz Afridar/Central Synagogue of Afridar Location: Yehezkel Zonabend St 2, Ashkelon The building was dedicated in 1959 with support of the South African Jewish community. It was recently renovated and is wheelchair accessible. It is an Ashkenaz Orthodox shul. The nusach is Sefard (not Sefardi). The congregation is among the largest in [...]

Central Synagogue of Afridar – Afridar – Orthodox2023-01-07T22:54:32+02:00

Ashkelon Beach Cleanup

A group of over 20 volunteers spread out over Delilah Beach this morning to clean up some of the mess in the sand and the green areas beside the beach. The dedicated group, equipped with gloves and garbage bags, collected lots of trash, including bottle caps, cigarette butts and a syringe. To learn more [...]

Ashkelon Beach Cleanup2021-04-23T14:21:19+03:00

Have a Soft or Crispy Landing in Ashkelon — Pizza for Olim

Ashkelon123 will help you with a soft landing on your first day in Ashkelon. Tell us when you're coming so we can welcome you "home" with a friendly face, a newcomer's kit and a hand-delivered pizza! Contact us and let us know when you are supposed to arrive, where you will be staying and how [...]

Have a Soft or Crispy Landing in Ashkelon — Pizza for Olim2021-04-18T00:34:25+03:00

Ashkelon’s John Daly Interviewed by Jewanced

If you are not familiar with Jewanced, you owe it to yourself to check them out. Jewanced is hosted by Dan Feferman and Benny Scholder, two guys who grew up in America and live in Israel. They’re curious. They want to discuss. They want to challenge popular conceptions, think critically, examine independently, and most of [...]

Ashkelon’s John Daly Interviewed by Jewanced2021-05-02T22:43:25+03:00
Go to Top